4 skinless chicken breast portions
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
2 onions, thinly sliced
1 red pepper, thinly sliced
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 anchovy fillets, chopped
1 x 440g can chopped tomatoes
125ml (1/2 cup)white wine
60g (1/4 cup) tomato paste
6 black olives, pitted and chopped
200 ml hot chicken stock
1 teaspoon muscovado sugar
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
Handful fresh parsley, chopped
· Remove any fat and skin from the chicken breastsand lightly dust with the plain flour and a little black pepper.
· In a large, heavy based, non-stick frying pan,heat the olive oil and then cook the chicken over a high heat for 10 minutes,turning regularly to brown both sides.
· Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside.
· Now, add the onion to the pan along with thecrushed garlic, anchovies and 1 tablespoon of water.
· Sauté for 7-8 minutes until the onion starts tosoften. Then add the tinned tomatoes, wine, tomato puree, Worcestershire sauceand sugar.
· Add 200 ml of chicken stock and bring to theboil, then reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
· Next, return the chicken to the pan, includingany juices that it’s released.
· Add the olives and simmer for a further 5 minutes,checking that the thickest parts of the chicken breast of thoroughly cookedthrough.
· Garnish with the fresh chopped parsley and servewith whole-wheat pasta following the packet instructions.
· There is no need to add extra salt, as this iscontained in the anchovies.