1 ½ lb plums, stoned and cut in half
6oz Light Muscovado sugar
1 tablespoon black treacle
1 tablespoon golden syrup
5 tablespoons skimmed milk
2 eggs beaten
8 oz plain flour
1 teaspoon ground mixed spice
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon baking powder
Pre-heat the oven to 180 C
- Mix the prepared plums with the muscovado sugar and place in a 1 litre ovenproof, shallow dish. Set aside
- Next put the butter and both syrups into a saucepan and melt over a low heat.
- Add the milk, stir in then put aside for 10 minutes to cool.
- Once cooled, add the eggs and blend well.
- Now sift the flour, spices and baking powder and mix into the syrup mixture.
- Pour the gingerbread mix over the plums and spread evenly.
- Bake for 45 minutes until the gingerbread is coming away slightly from the edges.
- Serve hot!
This short video shows you what we do in ‘Being The Best You’ members club.
Why not join us and give it a go for yourself.
What have you got to lose?
(Apart from Unwanted Weight, Anxiety and Poor Energy)
What have you got to gain?
(Apart from Health, Happiness, Body Confidence, Energy, Support, Inspiration, Friendship, Daily Recipes, Pilates Videos….oh and Your Life Back!)