I’ve teamed up with LoSalt. LoSalt is a sodium/potassium mixed product that provides all the flavour with 66% less salt.
So if you MUST add salt, this is the healthier alternative. Although cutting it out altogether is your best bet!
Give this yummy fish a try!
Chicken in a Creamy Tarragon Sauce
“ Fresh tarragon gives this dish the most delicious flavour. If asparagus isn’t available you can substitute it with broccoli. Another easy dish to tempt your taste buds while eating healthily.”
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 4 skinless chicken breasts, whole
- 1 large onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 350ml low-salt chicken stock
- a small bunch of fresh tarragon, chopped (or 3 teaspoons dried tarragon)
- 120g asparagus spears, trimmed
- 120g French green beans, trimmed
- 4 tablespoons low-fat creme fraiche
- brown rice, to serve
- Heat the olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium heat, then add the chicken, onion and garlic and fry for 5-6 minutes, stirring, until the chicken is lightly browned on both sides.
- Pour over the stock, add half of the chopped tarragon and simmer gently for 5 minutes.
- Add the asparagus spears and the beans and cook for a further 3 minutes, then stir in the creme fraiche and remaining tarragon and heat through.
- Serve with a small portion of brown rice.