Yippee – Healthy fish, chips and mushy peas!…What more can I say!
Apart from potatoes cooked in this way are full of nutrients and peas are a wonderful source of vitamin C, protein, fibre and foliate
450g/1 lb Albert Bartlett Rooster potatoes, washed with the skin on and cut into slim wedges
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 x 7oz thick cod or haddock fillets
Freshly ground black pepper
2-3 sprigs lemon thyme
12 oz frozen peas
2 tablespoons half fat crème fraiche
2 tablespoons chopped mint
Lemon wedges to serve
Preheat oven to 200°C
- Put the prepared potato wedges into a large bowl and add 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Mix up well so that all the potatoes are glistening in the oil. Then pop on a roasting tray and cook for 30 – 35 minutes.
- Meanwhile season the fish fillets with the lemon thyme, black pepper and LoSalt.
- In a large frying pan, heat the remaining oil over a medium heat and cook the cod, skin side down for 2-3 minutes until the skin is crisp.
- Transfer to a baking tray and cook in the oven for 15-20 minutes until the fish is tender and flaking.
- Cook the peas in boiling water for 8-10 minutes until very tender. Drain well and return to the pan then add the crème fraiche and the mint and mash with a potato masher or puree with a stick blender until you get your desired consistancy
- Season the wedges and fish with Black Pepper and a squeeze of lemon and serve on top of the mushy peas.
Come and join us for
Being The Best You Members Club
where you get daily recipes like this, coaching and support to get happier, healthier and lose weight.