This is a filling, hearty soup that will keep your hunger pangs at bay. Filled with fibre and flavour! The tomato juice is a great source of vitamins as are the onions and garlic when cooked with the olive oil.
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 onions, finely chopped
2 celery Sticks, finely chopped
2 carrots, peeled and finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
2 teaspoon curry powder
150g red lentils,
1 ½ litres low salt vegetable stock,
120ml tomato juice,
Black pepper, freshly ground
· Heat the oil in a large pan over a medium heat, then add the onions, celery, and carrots. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes, or until the onions are soft.
· Add the garlic and curry powder and cook, stirring, for a further 1 minute, then add the lentils, stock, and tomato juice.
· Bring to the boil, then lower the heat, cover, and simmer for 25 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
· You can either whiz this up with a hand blender or liquidizer or just leave it slightly lumpy – your choice!
· Season with freshly ground black pepper and a pinch of LoSalt, and serve hot.