75 g/3oz Muscavado sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
125ml/4fl oz orangejuice
20–30 chunks or slices of ripe tropical fruits, such as strawberries, papayas, bananas, mangoes and pineapple
Fresh mint sprigs, to garnish(optional)
Small scoop of crème fraîche, probiotic low- fat yogurt or ice-cream, to serve
Wooden skewers, soaked in water for 1 hour, then drained
A delicious summery weekend treat. Balance with your fasting and enjoy. You deserve it!
Serves 4 (1 or 2 skewers each, depending on how much fruit you add )
- You’ll need a hot barbecue for this, or you can grill on a very high heat.
- Combine the sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg in a small bowl.
- Skewer the fruit on the wooden skewers, alternating fruits and placing 3–5 pieces on each.
- Dip each kebab in the orange juice, then sprinkle with the spiced sugar.
- Arrange the skewers on the hot barbecue and cook until nicely browned on both sides, 3–4 minutes per side.
- Garnish with mint leaves, (if using) and serve