2 medium eggs
250ml jar apple sauce
5 tbsp light olive oil
250ml skimmed milk
1tsp vanilla extract
200g plain wholemeal flour
100g self raising flour
2 tsp baking powder
50g caster sugar
200g blueberries, thawed if frozen
1 tsp icing sugar, to dust
If you really fancy a treat, you can add a some white chocolate chips to the mixture. Yum!
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/fan 170°C/gas 5 and line a 12-hole muffin tin with paper muffin cases.
- In a bowl, lightly beat the eggs, apple sauce, olive oil, skimmed milk and vanilla extract.
- Next sieve the flours and baking powder into a large bowl. Add the sugar and the wet mixture and mix well until combined. Don’t over beat, it’s OK to have a few lumps.
- Next add two-thirds of the blueberries and mix until just combined.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin cases and scatter with the remaining blueberries. Bake for 20–25 min, or until an inserted skewer comes out clean.
- Leave to cool, then dust with the icing sugar.