1 sheet ready rolled puff pastry
1 egg yolk, beaten
250g mixed baby tomatoes
1 tablespoon low fat cream cheese
Drizzle olive oil
Freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180 ̊C.
- Open out the ready rolled puffed pastry and cut out a large heart shape,
putting the scraps of pastry aside to make something else!
- Score around the heart shaped pastry, 1cm from the edge. (Make sure you
only go half way through!)
- Brush the pastry with beaten egg yolk – setting aside the remaining egg.
- Pop in the oven for 8 mins
- Meanwhile slice the baby tomatoes
- Mix the low fat cream cheese with the remaining egg yolk
- Take the pastry out of the oven and spread the crème cheese mixture over
the pastry and cover with the sliced tomatoes
- Drizzle with olive oil and season with freshly ground black pepper and a pinch
- Pop back in the oven for 10-12 mins
- Serve hot with some fresh basil leaves on top