2 x 125g salmon fillets, skin removed
2 tbsp ground seed mix (eg Linwoods)
1 courgette, grated
1 carrot, grated
1 x 250g pack ready to heat brown rice or quinoa
2 tbsp low-fat natural yogurt
Chopped fresh parsley, to garnish (optional)
Spray olive oil
1 cinnamon stick or 1tsp ground cinnamon
2 tsp ground coriander
1 onion, sliced
1 lemon, cut into wedges
Salmon with brown rice or Quinoa is transformed with the nut and seed fish crust. So easy to put together and two of your portions of veggies
- Heat the oven to 220°C/fan 200°C/gas 7 and line a baking dish with non-stick baking paper. Add the salmon fillets to the dish, then press the ground seed mix on top. Bake for 10 min or until the fish is just cooked through – it should still be a little pink in the middle.
- Meanwhile, lightly spray a deep pan with the olive oil and heat over a medium heat. Add the cinnamon and ground coriander to the pan with the onion, then stir-fry for 5 min or until the onion is nicely coloured. Add the courgette and carrot, then cook for a further 2 min.
- While the onion mixture is cooking, heat the rice/quinoa according to the pack instructions, then add to the pan along with the spinach and stir for a minute until the leaves wilt. Squeeze in a lemon wedge and season with black pepper.
- In a small bowl, combine the tahini and yogurt with 1tbsp water, then squeeze in the juice of another lemon wedge. Mix well.
- Serve the salmon with the stir-fried veg and rice, drizzled with the tahini sauce. Garnish with the remaining lemon wedges and some chopped fresh parsley, if you like.