- 250g sushi rice
- 200g trimmed sugar snap peas, halved lengthways
- 200g spinach, washed
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 4 salmon fillets
- 2 tbsp green Nori sprinkle (Nori is an oriental seaweed ) optional
- 2 tbsp Chinese rice wine vinegar
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- 2 tsp black or white sesame seeds
- 4 tsp light soy sauce
A really delicious oriental dish. High in nutrients and super high in flavour!
- Put the rice in a large saucepan and add 500ml water. Bring to a simmer and cook gently for about 10 minutes until the rice is just tender and the water has been absorbed.
- Stir in the peas and spinach, in batches if necessary, and cover with a lid. Leave to stand for 10 minutes.
- Next, heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the salmon for 4-5 minutes on each side until pale golden and cooked through.
- Mix the Nori, rice wine vinegar and sugar together and stir into the rice. Spoon onto serving plates, top with the fish and sprinkle over the sesame seeds. Serve with light soy sauce to drizzle over.