250g asparagus, thinly sliced 150g ricotta
2 tbsp chopped fresh basil
2 spring onions, thinly sliced Zest of 1 lemon
4 x 150g skinless chicken breasts
Olive oil – in a spray bottle
3 tomatoes, diced
2 tbsp snipped fresh chives
250g spinach, trimmed
1 clove garlic, crushed
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/fan 170°C/gas 5 and line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Put the asparagus in a small heatproof bowl and just cover with boiling water. Stand for 1 min, then drain.
- Put the ricotta, basil, spring onions, lemon zest and 100g of the drained asparagus in a mixing bowl and stir to combine. Season with black pepper.
- Cut a deep, horizontal pocket in the thick side of each chicken breast, taking care not to cut all the way through. Stuff each pocket with a quarter of the ricotta mixture and secure with a cocktail stick.
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with a little olive oil and put over a high heat. Add the stuffed chicken breasts and cook for 2 min on each side or until golden. Transfer the chicken to the prepared baking tray and bake for 10–12 min until cooked through.
- Meanwhile, clean the frying pan, spray with a little more oil and return to a high heat. Add crushed garlic and sauté the garlic for 1 minute, now add the spinach, tossing for about 2 min or until just wilted.
- In a separate bowl, combine the tomatoes, remaining asparagus and chives then add the wilted spinach. The Spinach will warm the salad slightly.
- Serve this with the ricotta stuffed chicken and enjoy!