500g butternut squash, peeled and finely chopped with the seeds removed
1 red pepper, sliced
1 red chilli, de-seeded and sliced
2 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
4 tablespoons pitted olives, chopped
1 teaspoon paprika
4 corn flour tortillas
6 spring onions, finely sliced
handful fresh parsley leaves, chopped
These are flour tortillas sandwiched together with lots of nutritious goodies inside. Mexican food gives a great opportunity to play with flavours.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 ̊C
- In a large bowl, toss the squash with the pepper, chilli, olives, sliced garlic and paprika and a tablespoon of olive oil.
- Place on a baking sheet, and roast for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Once cooked, heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Place a corn tortilla in the pan and spoon over some squash mix. Scatter over some of the spring onions, parsley and cheese mix.
- Cover with another tortilla and heat for 90 seconds before carefully flipping over and frying for a further 90 seconds. To serve, chop into wedges and serve with a huge crunchy green salad.