- Drizzle olive oil
- 1 fennel bulb, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 leeks, sliced
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- Sprinkle dried Italian herbs
- Handful chopped fresh basil leaves
- 2 cod fillets
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Sprinkle LoSalt
If you don’t think you like fennel – put that thought right out of your mind and prepared to be surprised and fall in love with this delicious fragrant dish!
- Using a non-stick, lidded frying pan, heat the olive oil over a medium heat and add the sliced fennel.
- Saute for 5-6 minutes until starting to soften
- Next add the crushed garlic and sliced leeks. Cook for another 5 mins
- Now add the tin of chopped tomatoes and a sprinkle of Italian herbs and the chopped fresh basil.
- Place the cod fillets on top of the tomato and fennel mixture, season with freshly ground black pepper and a sprinkle of LoSalt
- Pop the lid on and let the fish steam for 8-10 mins, taking in the flavours of the fennel and garlic. The fish is cooked when it flakes with a fork easily. Delicious!