3-4 skinless chicken breasts
1 tbsp of olive oil
Freshly ground black pepper
2-3 medium courgettes, spiralized (or shredded using a peeler)
1 large red pepper, thinly sliced
Handful parsley, roughly chopped
Handful unsalted peanuts, roughly chopped
2 tbsp sesame seeds (optional)
Lime wedges, for serving
For the Sauce
3 tbsp creamy peanut butter
4 tbsp water
4 tbsp low salt soy sauce
Drizzle sesame oil
2 tsp brown sugar
Pinch crushed red pepper flakes
Gluten free, super tasty, easy-peasy and perfect as a carb free dinner.
- Start by opening out the chicken breast into a butterfly and flattening with a heavy object! I use a rolling pin over clingfilm.
- Drizzle a large non-stick frying pan with olive oil and bring to medium heat. Season chicken on both sides with black pepper to taste. Add the chicken to pan and cook 4-6 minutes on each side until browned on the outside and cooked through. Transfer to a cutting board or platter and allow to rest.
- Whisk together all sauce ingredients.
- Meanwhile, Steam or boil the courgette noodles and pepper until just tender (you can also put them in a large bowl and microwave them for about 2-3 minutes for a shortcut!)
- Assemble bowls with courgette noodles and peppers on the bottom. Dice chicken and assemble on top of zucchini and peppers. Drizzle sauce over the top and sprinkle with parsley, peanuts, and sesame seeds.
- Serve immediately with lime wedges for squeezing on top.