Drizzle olive oil
4 banana shallotts, finely diced
2 cloves garlic, crushed
1 mild red chilli, de-seeded and finely chopped
8 medium tomatoes on the vine
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
Handful fresh basil, chopped
Freshly ground black pepper
Pinch of LoSalt
Sprinkle smoked paprika
Tablespoon runny honey
Tablespoon tomato puree
- Drizzle the olive oil into a non-stick frying pan and place over a medium heat.
- Add the dices shallots and crushed garlic and sauté for 4-5 mins
- Meanwhile prepare the mild chilli by removing the seeds and chopping finely. And wash and chop the tomatoes.
- Add these to the onion mixture and cook over a medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring regularly.
- Next add the tablespoons apple cider vinegar, the fresh basil, freshly ground black pepper, pinch of LoSalt, smoked paprika, honey and tomato puree.
- Mix and simmer for a final 6-8 minutes.
- Serve warm or cold with salad, chicken, fish or with my Simple Summer Guacamole.