- 350g reduced-fat Greek-style yogurt
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ripe banana (100g peeled weight), mashed
- Grated zest 1 lemon, plus 2tbsp juice
- 1 egg 100g wholemeal flour
- 1½tsp baking powder
- 2tbsp milk
- 250g fresh or frozen blueberries
- Spray sunflower oil
- 4tsp runny honey
Wholemeal flour gives the nutrition profile of these pancakes an extra boost and they are topped with Greek yogurt for added protein.
- In a bowl, whisk 125g of the yogurt with the vanilla extract, mashed banana, lemon zest and juice, egg, flour, baking powder and milk until smooth. Stir in half the blueberries.
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with sunflower oil and set it over a medium heat. Put the batter (about 2tbsp) into the hot pan to make 1 pancake. Cook for 2 min until small bubbles appear on top, then flip carefully. Cook for another 1½–2 min until golden on both sides.
- Transfer to a plate and keep warm. Repeat with the remaining batter to make 12 pancakes.