These are Flour tortillas sandwiched together with lots of nutritious goodies inside.
Mexican food gives a great opportunity to play with flavours.
500g butternut squash, peeled and finely chopped with the seeds removed
1 red pepper, sliced
1 red chilli, de-seeded and sliced (optional)
2 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
4 tablespoons pitted olives, chopped
1 teaspoon paprika
4 corn flour tortillas
6 spring onions, finely sliced
handful fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 c
- In a large bowl, toss the squash with the pepper, chilli, olives, sliced garlic and paprika and a tablespoon of olive oil.
- Place on a baking sheet, and roast for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Once cooked, heat a non-stick frying pan over a medium heat. Place a corn tortilla in the pan and spoon over some squash mix. Scatter over some of the spring onions, parsley and cheese mix.
- Cover with another tortilla and heat for 90 seconds before carefully flipping over and frying for a further 90 seconds. To serve, chop into wedges and serve with a huge crunchy green salad.
Do you have something you’d like to change about your life?
Would you like to finally find the key to losing weight?
Build confidence and banish anxiety?
Are you recovering from illness or treatment?
Get happier and healthier?
Come and join Being The Best You Members club
The cost is just £5 per month, you can cancel at any time, so come and see what everyone is talking about.